Ground Support and Mine Services
With a fleet of specialist ground support and mine service machines including agitator trucks, shotcrete machines, water trucks and tool carriers, GBF is well equipped to provide tailored ground support and mine service solutions to our clients. In addition to the jumbo drills used for more conventional bolt and mesh applications, the GBF ground support and mine services fleet also includes a variety of shotcreting machines for the application of surface support.
GBF have extensive experience in developing and implementing ground support strategies and providing cost effective mine services as part of our whole of contract solutions. GBF also has the ability to provide conventional hand held ground support installation methods in both development and production applications. GBF installation practises conform to the highest industry standards and include rigorous testing regimes to validate these practises.
To date GBF have successfully provided these services for major clients including Gold Fields Australia, Silver Lake Resources, Doray Minerals and Minerals and Metals Group in the development and continued production of their underground mining projects in Western Australia and the Northern Territory. In most cases these projects have progressed from initial feasibility through to implementation and ongoing management of the ground support and mine services requirements for the development and production work areas.
For more information, please contact us.
- Decline and Lateral Development from small conventional drives to large mechanised development
- Rigorous testing regimes that comply to industry standards and best practise
- Installation of all types of rock bolts including split sets, point anchor bolts, chemical bolts and cablebolts at a variety of lengths
- Surface and underground dust suppression
- Purpose built manlifting baskets
- Variety of attachments including forks & jibs
- Installation of various surface support types including traditional galvanised mesh through to shotcrete and fibrecrete.
- ANFO loading pressure vessels
- ROM loading and maintenance
GBF Underground Mining Company began in 1988 in the Western Goldfields as a locally owned and operated private underground mining contractor. The founders had a vision to become the Australian Mining Industries preferred services provider through continuous improvement and a commitment to excellence in safety, quality, efficiency and client services. From this GBF has become a dynamic provider of a range of services to the underground mining sector.